Where to get more help and information

We all need a helping hand from time to time and these organisations can provide useful information and guidance on pension related matters.

This is a single financial guidance body, combining the services previously carried out by three different financial guidance bodies — the Money Advice Service, the Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise.

It’s intended to streamline the work of these bodies and will focus on providing individuals with:

  • Pensions guidance; and
  • Day-to-day money and debt management advice.

It’s also working with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to improve consumer protection and develop plans, involving the voluntary sector, to help develop people’s financial capabilities and understanding.

Please visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk for more information.

For information about State Pension benefits please visit: www.gov.uk/browse/working/state-pension.

If you’ve lost touch with the pension scheme of a previous employer, the Pensions Tracing Service can help you track them down. Find out more at: www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details.

For further tax information visit www.hmrc.gov.uk. Alternatively you can call HMRC on 0300 200 3300 or +44 135 535 9022 if you’re calling from outside the UK. This service is available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm.

Need financial advice?

We recommend you only take advice about your pension from an Independent Financial Adviser, authorised by the FCA to provide advice about pensions. To find a financial adviser go to: register.fca.org.uk